Kitesurfing in Tenerife
- 600,00€ – 10 hours of lessons
- 10 hours to be used within 2 years in Tenerife or Hel
Notes about the trip
- Kitesurfing lessons take place every day.
- The offer includes 10 hours of lessons, but they can be realized at any time.
- The choice of date is the day when we start the first hours of training.
- The minimum age of participant is 10 years. Guardian consent is required.
- Lessons take place on land and in water.
- WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Map - how to get there?
- Reviews (0)
Kitesurfing in Tenerife
Kitesurfing in Tenerife is a great dose of adrenaline and amazing fun. It is a water sport that involves moving on the water on a board with the help of a mounted kite. This sport is a variation of surfing, which means that it has a lot in common with windsurfing. From a technical point of view, it is similar to snowboarding, as riding is done on the edge, not flat. The perfect place for kitesurfing is where there is a large, empty space on land for takeoff and landing. No stones or high obstacles, shallow water, sandy bottom, and stable wind. This is precisely what the exotic Canary Island offers us. Kitesurfing in Tenerife is a paradise for water kite enthusiasts.
The best place that meets the requirements of the previously mentioned kiteboarding requirements is El Médano. It is located at the foot of the “Red Mountain” Montana Roja. The town center is a 5-minute walk from the main beach. Along the way, there is a series of numerous tourist bars and restaurants. But also local and very atmospheric places where you can eat well.
Tenerife is windy all year round, but the most wind is caught in the summer season. It is worth having a wetsuit with you because the water in the ocean is slightly colder “before” and “after” the season. El Médano owes its excellent conditions largely to the northeast winds, which are additionally strengthened by the proximity of the El Teide volcano. The winds blow all year round, but the strongest ones are during the summer months. In contrast to waves, where the biggest ones appear on all the Canary Islands during the winter period.
To learn kitesurfing, we need lessons on land first. And only later, when we are ready to jump on the board, practical lessons in the water. In kite-surfing, the first 4 to 7 hours of lessons are conducted on land, depending on the practitioner’s skills. First, there is preliminary theory, followed by learning to control the kite. When the participant is ready, learning takes place in the water.
In the case of bad weather conditions, when the lesson cannot be fully carried out, it will be repeated at the next available time. If the participant does not use all 10 hours of lessons during their stay in Tenerife, they can use them over the next 2 years in Tenerife or in Poland on Hel.
Recommended to take
- Sunscreen lotion
Attraction currently does not offer free transportation
- Kitesurfing lessons take place in El Médano
- We will include the exact location of the attraction along with a map in the confirmation email for your reservation
- After placing your order, you will receive an automatic email summarizing your order.
- We respond to orders within 24 hours. If you want immediate order processing, be sure to contact us by phone!
- Our customer service will process your order within 24h, and you will receive an email containing: tickets, map and additional information on attraction.
- When ordering with transport, remember to provide the exact address of your stay in Tenerife.
- All attractions available on our site are safe and checked by us individually so that we can fully guarantee their high quality.
The town where kitesurfing lessons take place is El Médano.